Monday, September 26, 2011

e.l.f. Review, the Decent

This post is going to be somewhat long with a bit of photos so click below to read!
A lot of the things I bought from e.l.f were just decent.  Some of them I would buy again but I would pass on most of them.
I'm going to start out with the swatches of the eyeshadows and the eyeliners.
Duo cream eyeshadows: 
Green+Purple=Eggplant
Gold+Pink=Sugar Cookie


Duo powder eyeshadows:
Dark Gray+Silver=Black Licorice
Brown+Pink=Mocha Swirl


Single powder eyeshadows:
Gold=Buttercream
Purple=Purple Passion



Matte eyeshadow: Mint
Pigment eyeshadow: Breezy Blue (The color of this one is distorted and it has a bit of a metallic shine to it)


Shimmer eyeliner pencil:
Plum Passion
Twinkle Teal
Waterproof eyeliner pen:
Black
Liquid eyeliner:
Pearl
Black

Duo Cream Eyeshadows:
I'm not too fond of the cream eyeshadows.  I don't particularly like cream eyeshadows at all.  They're very easy to blend but it creases much faster than powder eyeshadows on my lids!
In the Eggplant palette, the color is darker on skin than it is inside the palette.
I'm not a huge fan of dark purple eyeshadows so I don't like this palette at all.
The Sugar Cookie colors looks the same on skin as it does inside the palette.

Pros:
Very easy to blend
Fast application

Cons:
Creases quickly
Color may differ on skin

Rating: 3/5




Duo Powder Eyeshadows:
I like these eyeshadows.  The color combinations work very well together.  They are easy to blend and the color inside the palette looks like the color on your skin.

Pros:
Easy to blend
Colors work well together
Colors are opaque

Cons:
Wears off easily if you do not use a primer
They do not come in matte colors

Rating: 4/5

Single Powder Eyeshadows:
They are the same as the Duo Powder Eyeshadows except they come in different shades.

Same pros and cons
 Same rating



Matte and Pigment Eyeshadows:
The colors in the Matte and Pigment eyeshadows are very opaque but I've read that some of the colors aren't very pigmented.  The colors I received were very similar (if not exact) to the color that was advertised on the website.  I have read that other people received colors that were not similar at all.  I guess it is a hit and miss kind of thing.  Luckily the ones I received were the colors I was expecting.  The consistency is very fine.  It takes some getting used to if you've never used a loose powder eyeshadow.  It's easy to apply too much and it has a tendency to look uneven.

Pros:
Very opaque
Easy to blend

Cons:
Some colors are not exact
Difficult application



Shimmer Eyeliner Pencil:
I do not care for this product.  I actually don't like pencil liners at all.  They just don't go on as smooth as liquid eyeliners.  You need to continuously line your eyes to get an opaque color.  

Pros:
Very shimmery
Comes with a sharpener

Cons:
Takes a bit of time to get the color to be opaque

Rating: 3/5



Waterproof Eyeliner Pen:
I was excited to try this product.  I use liquid eyeliner quite often and it is not the easiest to apply.  I figured a felt tip eyeliner would be very easy to apply and it would have good precision.  When I finally tried it, I was disappointed.  The color is not as dark as I would like it to be.  It wasn't really black.  It was more of a dark gray color.  It is also not waterproof.  

Pros:
Easy to apply
Good precision

Cons:
Not as black as I would like it to be
Not waterproof

Rating: 2/5 



Liquid Eyeliner:
The black one was good.  It was as dark as black eyeliner should be and it was easy to apply.  The pearl on the other hand, wasn't so great.  The brush was very stiff.  I couldn't use it well.  I tried to "break it in" by continuously using it but it is still very stiff.  The color was very nice though.  It really was a pearl-like color!  

Pros:
Good coloring
It was not runny or too thick

Cons:
The brush was too stiff
Not long lasting

Rating: 3/5



The next post will be about the things I really liked and I would buy again!

<3 Miko



0 comments:

Post a Comment