Saturday, December 10, 2011

FOTD and Revlon Lip Butters Review

(Please ignore my large forehead lol)
Okay okay this is totally vain and I'm not usually this vain but...
OMG look at my eyelashes!  Haha they look so nice today :3
I'm not wearing falsies ^^
Sorry for that extremely vain moment.

I received a sample of the Lioele Beyond the Solution BB Cream from Pretty and Cute so I'm going to do  a small review on this.  I'm wearing this BB cream in my photo.
I actually dislike this BB Cream because it really highlights my dry skin.  Most BB Creams I have tried kind of moisturize my skin and leave it dewy.  This one had a matte finish.  I think this BB Cream would be great for people with oily skin.  Since my skin is normal to dry, I didn't care for this one.  I do like that the color matches my skin tone perfectly but I normally wear BB Creams that are lighter than my skin color because I want to be lighter :P and my face is also darker than my neck for some reason.

FOTD:

Face:
Lioele Beyond the Solution BB Cream
Sephora Mattifying Foundation in Warm Fair

Eyes:
I don't know what the eyeshadow palette is called but I used the Tokidoki quad that came with Adios.   I used the matte black shade
elf Cream Eyeliner in Black
Dolly Wink Volume Mascara
Maybelline NY Lash Discovery Mascara

Lips:
Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters in Cotton Candy


Okay so onto the review:
I bought Lollipop (left) and Cotton Candy (right)

Swatches: Cotton Candy (top), Lollipop (bottom)

Cotton Candy
Lollipop
(sorry for blurry photos)


My take:
These Lip Butters are fairly moisturizing.  It is nothing like a lip balm though.  My lips felt dry after about half an hour so I had to keep reapplying it.  That isn't much of a problem to me since I'm constantly reapplying my lip balm to make sure my lips don't get dry.  I HATE the lollipop shade.  It is like a hot pink with a blue tone to it.  I do not like it at all.  I do love the Cotton Candy Shade. 

Pros:
Comes in a lot of different  shades
Good price
Good Availability
 Moisturizing
Opaque
True to color

Cons:
Neither the color or the moisturizing effect is long  lasting
(Color fades when you eat or drink and if you don't eat or drink, it fades in about an hour to two hours)
(moisturizing effect faded in about half an hour)

Rating: 4/5 
I really like these.  If they were more moisturizing, they would be perfect.

I definitely would buy these again.  I want to get more colors :3

0 comments:

Post a Comment