Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Wet 'n' Wild Eyeshadow Review

I recently bought this eyeshadow because I read good reviews on it and I had a coupon for a dollar off so I only paid $2!  Here's the packaging.

The eyeshadows themselves.

Swatches


My take:
I was extremely disappointed with the black eyeshadow.  If you can tell, in the packaging, it's really glittery and pretty.  When I swatched it, there was hardly any glitter at all.  I really only bought this palette because the black one was so pretty!  I also do not think they blend as well as they should.  The black one especially was kind of choppy.  I had to spend extra time blending it.  The pink shade glided on perfectly and it blended beautifully.  I actually do not care for the silver shade as a color for my brow bone like it advises.  I like to give my brow bone a subtle highlight.  This color is very opaque so it isn't subtle at all.

Pros:
Cheap
Opaque

Cons:
The black one wasn't glittery as it is in the packaging
The black one didn't blend well
The silver one is a bit too opaque as a brow bone color for my taste

Overall I'd give it a 3/5.  I probably wouldn't repurchase the shimmery colors.  I would maybe purchase the matte shades.


Here's an FOTD using this palette
I wasn't very photogenic today lol!  (This look is actually doubling as the challenge look)
That hot pink shade is very unflattering on me ):

I used:

Face:
Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream #13
Sephora Mattifying Foundation in Warm Fair
elf Blush in Innocence

Eyes:
Wet 'n' Wild eyeshadow palette in Spoiled Brat
Milani Infinite Liquid Eyeliner
Maybelline NY Lash Discovery Mascara

Lips:
Revlon Lip Butters in Cotton Candy

0 comments:

Post a Comment