Saturday, November 26, 2011

L'oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara Review

I'm going to be reviewing L'oreal's Telescopic Explosion Mascara.
In the wrapper.

Close up of the wand.

The wand with product on it.

Bare curled lashes.

With the L'oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara (EWWWW)

With Maybelline NY's Lash Discovery Mascara paired with Dolly Wink Volume Mascara
(See the difference? Haha)

Review:
I got this mascara on Black Friday for $2.  I thought, "What a steal!".  So I went home and read some reviews about it.  Everyone said this mascara was bad but I wanted to see if I could some how make it work.  As you can see from the photo above, there's nothing that will save this mascara.  It's a clumpy mess.  It doesn't hold the curl as well.  It does volumeize my lashes but it is not the kind of volume I like. I like for my lashes to look light rather than thick and heavy.  

Pros:
Small brush easily gets to difficult areas
Volumizes
Easily come off with makeup remover
Cons:
Clumpy
Doesn't hold the curl





But wait!
I read a good review on this mascara as I was writing my bad review.  So, I thought I would give it another try.
So here it is!  I actually wiped off all the excess mascara (which was a lot) from the entire wand.  It looks a whole lot better but I still don't really like it.  When I'm doing my bottom lashes, I keep poking myself in the eye and it hurts hahah.  The spikes are really sharp!  

I would not recommend this mascara for beginners or people without much time.  You need to apply this mascara with a really light hand.  I also think you need to wipe off all of the excess (even though it wastes a lot of product)

Rating:
2.5/5

Would I purchase again: Definitely not.


0 comments:

Post a Comment