Thursday, November 17, 2011

Park Bom (2NE1) "Follow Me" Inspired Tutorial pt. 1

In this tutorial, I'm going to show you how to do the nail design that Park Bom has in the "Follow Me" MV.



Click below to see <3
 Step One: Start with a base coat
 Step Two: Paint your nails a pearly white color
 Step Three: Paint a second coat of the white on your index and ring finger.  Use a pink (or a coral if you have one) color to make a gradient effect.  All you need to do is take a makeup sponge, coat it with a dab of color and work your way from the tip of your nail down to the base of your nail.  You want to put the most color on your tip.
 I actually did it three times since you want to build up color to create a gradient effect.  I did one coat starting from the tip and going all the way down to the base.  Another coat starting at the tip and going about halfway down my nail.  Last coat was just the tip.
 Step Four:  Take a black nail art polish (ex: LA Colors Nail Art Polish) and begin to paint tiger/zebra stripes.  You want to start from the outer edges and work your way inwards so that the base of the stripe will be thicker than the tip.  (I didn't have a nail art polish so I used the brush of an old liquidlast eyeliner.  I'm sure any liquid eyeliner that uses a brush would be fine)
 You don't want every nail to be the same.  No two tigers/zebras have the same stripes!
Step Five: Finish it with a top coat.  ( My middle finger wasn't completely dry yet so it smeared ): )

2 comments:

  1. Miko, you are so crazy talented!!!! I LOVEEE when you do inspired looks! :D

    ReplyDelete